Wald International launches a body kit for the Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class
Japanese tune-up shop Wald International has a new body kit in store for the C292 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class (prod. 2016 – 2019). Let’s see what’s new and exciting.
In fact, precious little is “new”. The kit is nearly identical to the Black Bison aero package that Wald has been offering for a variety of cars for years now. It goes by the misleading (and arguably bland) name of “Sports Line” instead of “Black Bison” for some reason, but the essence is the same.
Included are a completely new front end, including a bumper, a spoiler, enormous new air intakes and integrated DRLs. Side skirts are not present (which is also quite unusual for a Wald kit), but there is a voluminous rear apron with a diffuser-like detail and a brake light in the middle. Everything uses the factory-provided mounting points and can therefore be taken off without any permanent harm to the car body.
Also on the list are assorted wheels up to 24 inches in diameter, sports-grade suspension springs and vinyl wraps.
To summarize, Wald International ended up with a GLE kit that looks stylish and fitting, if not exactly bold or refreshing. And what do you think?
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Tuned Lambo Urus vs. Rolls-Royce Wraith: The Unlikely Drag Race
- Ford GT Le Mansory goes up on sale for €1,800,000
- Posaidon lands G-Wagen with supercar levels of horsepower
- ABT Sportsline celebrates 125 years in business by introducing the ABT RSQ8-R
- Video: Huracan Super Trofeo barely avoids disaster, laps up Nürburgring in 6:48