Porsche 911 Turbo specs leak ahead of premiere
The Porsche 911 (992) Turbo S, which is shown here, debuted four months ago, while its non-S counterpart was never revealed. Today, Rosstandart – short for Russian federal agency for technical regulation – posted an official VTA with all the 992 Turbo specs listed there.
The Vehicle Type Approval paper mentions that the new Turbo comes powered by the same 3.75-liter, opposite six-cylinder engine as the Turbo S. The engine is normally capable of 650 horsepower (478 kilowatts) and 800 Nm (590 lb-ft) of torque on the Turbo S, but it will be de-boosted to 581 PS (427 kW) and 750 Nm (553 lb-ft) on the more affordable sports car. The eight-speed, dual-clutch PDK transmission will carry over without any modifications, preserving even its usual gear ratios.
On the outside, the Turbo-non-S will likely be identifiable by its different body kit and slightly tweaked suspension, but the VTA mentions neither, so it remains speculative.
It looks like the car should celebrate its official reveal very soon.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- VW to launch traction battery production in the USA
- Hyundai says Ioniq 5 will surpass Kona Electric in all respects
- Next-gen Mercedes S-Class integrates lighting with safety features
- Hyundai & Aptiv establish Motional, a self-driving automobile sub-brand
- Video: Ford Bronco tackles Hell’s Revenge trail in Moab Desert