Mercedes unveils the S-Class AR-HUD tech
Mercedes-Benz keeps showing us its new S-Class bit by bit. The latest video is dedicated to its Augmented Reality-powered heads-up display.
The AR-HUD projects data onto a windshield area roughly equivalent to a 77-inch screen, the company says. The driver sees real-time data about the current speed, route (including turn indications), and distance to destination.
The smart display also highlights the lane borders and warns about other nearby vehicles, measuring their dimensions and calculating the safe distance to maintain.
The feature is reserved for the top-end S-Class trims, while the more affordable ones make do with a less sophisticated HUD.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- VW to launch traction battery production in the USA
- Hyundai says Ioniq 5 will surpass Kona Electric in all respects
- Next-gen Mercedes S-Class integrates lighting with safety features
- Hyundai & Aptiv establish Motional, a self-driving automobile sub-brand
- Video: Ford Bronco tackles Hell’s Revenge trail in Moab Desert