Hennessey rolls out a 900-hp Lambo Huracan
Famous Texan tuner Hennessey Performance surprised us all this spring when it suddenly introduced a turbo kit for the Audi R8 V10 – up until then, it had predominantly dealt with U.S. automotive brands. As it turns out, that kit was much more than just an odd job.
As you probably know, the Audi R8 shares its 5.2-liter V10 with the iconic Lamborghini Huracan. So when the kit came out for one, it was only a matter of time before Hennessey made it compatible with another. And here it is!
The package is called HPE900 and raises the power output to all four wheels to 900 hp (912 PS, or 671 kW). It includes two ball-shaped turbochargers, a high-performance air intake system, two wastegates, a heat-resistant exhaust system, a racing-grade oil pump and a plethora of other pricey components. In the end, the Huracan test car hit 60 miles per hour (97 km/h) in 2.6 seconds and finished a quarter-mile run in 9.8 s.
You can pre-order the HPE900 Twin Turbo kit for all Lamborghini Huracan models released from 2015 onwards.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Tuned Lambo Urus vs. Rolls-Royce Wraith: The Unlikely Drag Race
- Ford GT Le Mansory goes up on sale for €1,800,000
- Posaidon lands G-Wagen with supercar levels of horsepower
- ABT Sportsline celebrates 125 years in business by introducing the ABT RSQ8-R
- Video: Huracan Super Trofeo barely avoids disaster, laps up Nürburgring in 6:48