Next-gen Mercedes S-Class integrates lighting with safety features
Mercedes-Benz has shed some more light on its impending S-Class update. For greater convenience, the company has made allowed its innovative lighting system to interact with the safety-related electronic systems.
The new luxury limo features multiple long LED strips containing 250 diodes each running through the center console, front panel, doors, seats, and floor.
The intelligent lighting system works in tandem with the blind zone monitor, switching to red whenever there is a car in an area the driver cannot see. It can also change its behavior upon receiving infotainment commands or depending on the current climate control temperature. It can even set the mood when you use seat heating and massage functions.
The luxury lineup will be revealed in its full glory on September 2, 2020.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 2021 Cadillac XT4 recognizes its owner’s face
- All-electric Ford F-150 confirmed to double as a mobile power source
- Chevrolet confirms GMC Sierra-style tailgate for Silverado
- Volvo’s Advanced Air Cleaner filters out 95% harmful particles
- Aston Martin unveils a racecar sim priced like an actual racecar