Mugen warms up the more mundane Honda Civic
Japanese tuner Mugen came out with a rather radical-looking styling package for the 2020 Honda Civic Type R some time ago. Today, the company revealed a body kit for the regular Civic – and it looks unexpectedly tame in comparison.
Included are a front spoiler lip, carbon-fiber inserts for the grille and the bumper, side skirts, a diffuser at the rear, and a tailgate spoiler. None of this looks nearly as bold as the OTT styling the Type R received a while ago, but things are stylish nonetheless.
LED taillights, 19-inch wheels, a performance exhaust system with hexagonal tips and revised brakes wrap up the list of exterior goodies.
The interior takes advantage of a sports steering wheel, bucket seats, engine start/stop toggle, scuff plates and branded floormats.
The prices aren’t there yet. You can buy an entry-level Civic in the States starting from $21,750, while the top-end Type R spec will lighten your wallet by at least $36,995.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Video: This is how you ruin an Infiniti QX70 (please don’t)
- 50-year-old Ford Bronco gets cut to 2/3rds of its length (but not really)
- Racing driver teases a front-engined DeLorean DMC-12
- Mansory launches Porsche Taycan body kit, wheels and accessories
- Video: Diesel-powered BMW 2 Series gets NOS, 572 HP