Old Chevrolet Tahoe + New Toyota RAV4 = Mitsuoka Buddy
Mitsuoka Motor Company has unveiled its first coachbuilt off-roader. The sources of inspiration aren’t explicitly stated, but the car is obviously built with the latest Toyota RAV4 as the tech platform and a 30-year-old Chevy Tahoe as the main reference.
The Buddy has the Tahoe front and manages to look a bit like the Cadillac SRX at the rear. In turn, its sides are typical RAV4 fare, and the engine range is identical: you could grab a 2.0-liter non-turbo rated at 168 or 171 hp, or opt for a hybrid system worth 175 or 178 hp.
The sales will start on November 26, and the tuner will be revealing all the detailed specs on that date.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- SARD dresses the 5th-gen Supra into a carbon suit
- Mid-engined Corvette gains yet another carbon body kit
- Vintage BMW 3.0 CSL E9 racer revived as a street-legal replica
- Zagato family buys out the first two Zagato Heritage Twins by R-Reforged
- Overfinch waves current-gen Range Rover goodbye with Velocity Final Edition