Will this BMW M5 outrace a Porsche 911 Turbo S?
This video pits up two unlikely opponents: an F90 BMW M5 Competition and a Porsche 991.2 Turbo S Convertible, both packing Stage 2 power upgrades.
The Bavaria-made sedan approaches the start line with 800 PS (789 hp / 588 kW) instead of the Competition spec’s usual 625 PS (616 hp / 460 kW). It has an eight-speed automatic transmission and AWD. Other mods include new air intake and exhaust system components.
For its part, the Porsche ascends from 580 PS (572 hp / 427 kW) to 750 PS (740 hp / 552 kW) and gets new downpipes along with an ECU tune. It relies on an in-house PDK dual-clutch transmission and four-wheel drive.
Do you think the 50 hp advantage of the BMW is enough for it to beat a purebred sports car to the quarter mile or not? The answer is not as obvious as it might seem! Watch the video to find out.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- SARD dresses the 5th-gen Supra into a carbon suit
- Mid-engined Corvette gains yet another carbon body kit
- Vintage BMW 3.0 CSL E9 racer revived as a street-legal replica
- Zagato family buys out the first two Zagato Heritage Twins by R-Reforged
- Overfinch waves current-gen Range Rover goodbye with Velocity Final Edition