Why wait for a Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing when there is a 1,000-HP Hennessey CTS-V?
The launch of the performance-oriented Blackwing versions of the CT4-V и CT5-V sedans may be right around the corner, but Hennessey Performance kind of undermines the point of that with its HPE1000 boost kit for the regular CTS-V.
This is not the first time the Texan tuner tackles the model, but the results are as impressive as ever. The car lands with a huge supercharger, a new camshaft, an upmarket cylinder head assembly, valves and pushrods, as well as overhauled intake and exhaust systems.
As a result, the 6.2-liter V8 gets the car from zero to sixty miles per hour (0-97 km/h) in mere 2.7 seconds, and enables it to cover a quarter-mile drag strip in 10.1 seconds. Watch the video for a demonstration.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Body kit, wheels and 420 HP: AC Schnitzer works its magic on the new BMW M4
- Video: 94-year-old Dodge vs. 1,200-HP Corvette Z06
- 1 out of 85 Mercedes SL 73 AMG coupes goes up on sale
- Singer finishes its 2nd Porsche 911 restomod for Taiwan
- Why buy a fancy Hummer when you can get a real military truck instead?