Exotic Speedback GT lends itself well to picnics out in the open
David Brown Automotive (DBA) has wrapped up another one of its Speedback GT builds, this time around a picnic-themed vehicle ordered by a client from Germany. Let’s see what it packs, shall we?
Exterior modifications include a Satin Black mesh grille at the front, new DRLs, a Blue Moon paintjob and 19-inch stainless-steel wheels wrapped in bespoke tires produced by Avon.
Inside, beige leather makes a compelling combination with ‘elm burr’ veneer accents. A hidden compartment under the seats reveals several gin and tonic bottles complete with tall glasses. Another foldable seat is located in the trunk next to a cozy woolen blanket.
DBA produces its Speedback GT cars based on the discontinued Jaguar XK coupe line. The body receives Aston Martin DB5-style treatment, while the original dashboard and center console make way for custom ones. A five-liter supercharged V8 sits under the hood, ready to produce up to 517 PS (510 hp / 380 kW) and 625 Nm (461 lb-ft) of torque.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Body kit, wheels and 420 HP: AC Schnitzer works its magic on the new BMW M4
- Video: 94-year-old Dodge vs. 1,200-HP Corvette Z06
- 1 out of 85 Mercedes SL 73 AMG coupes goes up on sale
- Singer finishes its 2nd Porsche 911 restomod for Taiwan
- Why buy a fancy Hummer when you can get a real military truck instead?