Video: 94-year-old Dodge vs. 1,200-HP Corvette Z06
How do you like the idea of a quarter-mile drag race between a vintage Dodge Hot Rod Pickup and a modern Chevrolet Corvette Z06 fitted with an AWD transmission and capable of 1,200 horsepower? Sounds a bit stupid, doesn’t it? Watch the video; you’ll change your mind soon.
Stating with the ‘Vette, it packs a seven-liter LSX V8 and plenty of performance mods that bring its output to 1,200 hp (900 kW) in normal mode. You can even activate Tryhard Mode for a temporary boost to 1,500 horses (1,120 kW). Of other features we’d like to mention, let’s mention a sturdy roll cage first: it is an essential thing to have in such a crazy drag strip projectile… Except, it is NOT installed here.
The venerable Dodge Hot Rod Pickup dates back to 1927, but is in an enviable driving condition. It packs a 6.4-liter V8 twin-turbo reportedly rated at 600 horsepower (447 kilowatts), but the actual tests reveal it could have anywhere between 1.5 and 2 times the power.
Intrigued already? Watch the video until the end, things are going to get hot!
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Mansory pushes Ferrari F8 Tributo further towards perfection
- H&R launches a lowering kit for 3rd-gen Ford Kuga
- Video: Prior Design stoops as low as to tune Dacia Logan… or does it?
- Ford Explorer hearse looks controversial with Lincoln styling
- Would you believe this BMW 535is has 200k miles on the clock?