This C3/C6 Chevy Corvette restomod wraps modern power in vintage body
Restoring and modernizing old cars can be engrossing, but not many tuners go through the pain of merging two or more vehicles into one, like the example here.
In most similar conversions, the company takes old chassis and body and puts a modern powertrain inside. Hungarian tuner Hardcore Engine Builders had a different challenge in front of it: a client wanted to take the chassis and powertrain of a C6 ‘Vette and top those off with an elderly C3 body.
The LS3 V8 received new headers and a low-emission exhaust system, resulting in a modest boost to its stock 436 PS (430 hp / 321 kW) and 575 Nm (424 lb-ft). A transaxle six-speed A/T sends the momentum to the wheels, and paddle shifters are provided for convenience. The driver takes advantage of an ABS, traction control, and keyless entry-and-go system.
Exterior highlights start with an iconic Audi Nardo Grey paint interspersed with light blue accents. Patches of the same color can be found in the engine bay and in the cabin, making the result look consistent and stylish.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Mansory pushes Ferrari F8 Tributo further towards perfection
- H&R launches a lowering kit for 3rd-gen Ford Kuga
- Video: Prior Design stoops as low as to tune Dacia Logan… or does it?
- Ford Explorer hearse looks controversial with Lincoln styling
- Would you believe this BMW 535is has 200k miles on the clock?