Audi A6 e-tron Concept debuts at the Shanghai show
Audi has come to the 2021 Auto Shanghai with a new production car prototype named the A6 e-tron. The car has PPE underpinnings and should hit mass production in the second half of 2022.
The engineering crew tested the new A6’s Sportback body in a wind tunnel to keep its drag ratio as low as 0.22 Cx.
Using the new PPE platform enabled relatively short overhangs at both ends. Wheels measure 22 inches across, and the headlights can be used as image projectors. Audi even developed a special video game that you can project onto a wall and play while parked.
According to Audi, the 100-kWh traction battery should translate into over 700 kilometers (435 miles) of range. This is rather impressive for a dual-motor AWD powertrain rated at 476 PS (469 hp / 350 kW) and 800 Nm (590 lb-ft) of torque. The entry spec will ship with a single motor driving the rear axle.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Meet the Solterra, Subaru’s first EV between Heaven and Earth
- Every Little Bit Helps: MG launches Cyberster crowdfunding campaign
- The Estrema Fulminea EV is a 1,500kW hypercar due out in 2H 2023
- Porsche Macan exposes its dual nature heading into the future
- The Mercedes-Benz EQT Concept is a glorified Renault Kangoo