Unique Alfa Romeo 1900 looking for new owners
A one-off Alfa Romeo 1900 Coupe allegedly designed by Italian coachbuilder Autotecnica del Lario 56 years ago will go on sale next month. The seller expects it to fetch around £140,000.
The company headquartered next to Lake Como endowed the car with a special hand-crafted body kit machined from aluminum. The seller openly states that there is no documentary evidence of this particular Alfa Romeo being a work of Autotecnica del Lario. However, the telltale design features make such attribution rather easy. If so, that would mean the car belongs to a series of just eight units.
Powering the exotic is a 1.9-liter four-cylinder engine with dual carburetors and 100 PS (99 hp / 74 kW). The original 1900 model uses the same engine.
The current owner of the car had it restored from the ground up, repainting the body in a color more typical of English sports car classics.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Ford F-150 Lightning sells like hot cakes, passes 100,000 in 3 weeks
- Barely driven 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 going for $80k+ in the USA
- This 33-year-old Mercedes-Benz Pullman limo is on sale in ‘like new’ condition
- One of Princess Diana’s rides could fetch £40k at an auction
- 21 EVs get real-life range measurements in Norway