Video: 900-HP Audi R8 against an 850-HP BMW M8
Modern BMW M xDrive cars deliver so much on the performance front that they often get compared to full-fledged sports cars on the track. This time, a boosted M8 Gran Coupe goes up against a similarly tuned Audi R8. Which one do you think will come out on top?
The Bimmer rocks an ECU tune, a new air filter and a few other performance mods, thanks to which it now has 850 PS (838 hp / 625 kW) at the crank. The Audi makes use of a Gyrza Gosha Turbotech tune, which elevates its once naturally aspirated V10 to 900 PS (888 hp / 662 kW), mainly thanks to a pair of turbos.
Aside from the extra 50 PS, the R8 has other tricks up its sleeve, weighing less than the bulky Gran Coupe and rocking a race-friendlier quattro AWD. But is all of the above enough to decide the winner? Of course not! Watch the video and see for yourself how the two compare.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Everrati switches Porsche 964 Cabrio to electric power
- Check out a Ford Mustang built to compete and win
- Senner Tuning unveils its vision of the BMW 228i (F22)
- Lingenfelter’s 700-HP C8 ‘Vette runs a Magnuson supercharger
- Video: BMW 1-Series Cabrio swapped to a 420-PS V8 shows off its acceleration chops