NFS5-style Porsche 996 Turbo convertible sells for $47,000
A tastefully tuned Porsche 911 Turbo convertible found a new owner in the USA, who parted with a considerable sum to obtain a 996-gen vehicle with Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed styling.
The video game came out as far back as 2000 (felling old yet?), and the car received its tuning treatment in 2004. It ended up with an all-new chassis, admittedly rather controversial mirror headlights, nice curved bodywork, a massive front apron, and a custom rear spoiler. 19-inch MHT wheels with black spokes and polished rims filled out the arches.
Elsewhere, the one-off sports car received red brake calipers, coilover-based suspension, and aftermarket stainless-steel exhaust tips. The cabin comes trimmed with leather, seats are power-adjusted and heated, and climate control is provided for when the weather gets nasty.
Despite its solid age, the 911 Turbo went for U.S. $47,000. If you are feeling nostalgic about the game right now, you may refresh your memories by watching the embedded video.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Video: This is how you ruin an Infiniti QX70 (please don’t)
- 50-year-old Ford Bronco gets cut to 2/3rds of its length (but not really)
- Racing driver teases a front-engined DeLorean DMC-12
- Mansory launches Porsche Taycan body kit, wheels and accessories
- Video: Diesel-powered BMW 2 Series gets NOS, 572 HP