VW Type 2 van-truck recreated as a wooden replica
The Volkswagen Type 2 is an immediately recognizable classic in many countries, and comes in many forms, including buses, RVs – even pickup trucks. A gifted woodcarver decided to pay homage to the latter, less common version of the car.
He took a Type 2 truck van as a reference and filmed a video where he turned a piece of wood into a painstakingly detailed replica of the vehicle. He even bothered to carve out air vents and tiny door handles with locks.
The scale model features a functional suspension, rotating wheels, and dropping truck bed walls. Of course, while video is barely eight minutes long, the project itself took several days to complete. Be sure to watch it!
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Follow-up: Tesla Autopilot found not guilty of causing deadly Model S crash in April
- Rusty 1955 Jaguar XK140 nearly clears €0.3M at an auction
- Video: Big rig dragging a VW Polo sideways, driver oblivious
- EPA finds Ford Maverick Hybrid even more fuel-efficient than claimed
- Video: $1.2M Porsche 962C racer wrecked in Belgium