Drag Race: Tesla Model S Plaid vs. McLaren 765LT
The race everyone hoped for has finally taken place: a Tesla Model S Plaid, the world’s fastest-accelerating production car, has taken on the magnificent McLaren 765LT on a quarter-mile track.
The Plaid packs three electric motors combining their efforts for 1,020 PS (1,006 hp / 750 kW). It needs around two seconds to go 0-60 mph (0-97 km/h) and has been recorded to finish a quarter of a mile in 9.2 seconds. It maxes out at 200 miles per hour, or 322 km/h.
In turn, the McLaren 765LT comes rated at only 765 PS (754 hp / 563 kW), but actual dyno measurements have shown that it is actually capable of around 850 PS (838 hp / 625 kW). It can attain a higher top speed than the Tesla, but needs around 9.9 seconds for a quarter-mile run.
But these are all paper specs, so how about a real race? Watch the video and enjoy!
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Follow-up: Tesla Autopilot found not guilty of causing deadly Model S crash in April
- Rusty 1955 Jaguar XK140 nearly clears €0.3M at an auction
- Video: Big rig dragging a VW Polo sideways, driver oblivious
- EPA finds Ford Maverick Hybrid even more fuel-efficient than claimed
- Video: $1.2M Porsche 962C racer wrecked in Belgium