Video: McLaren 765LT tries overtaking a 1,100-HP Audi R8 on a runway
Chances are you have already heard how insanely fast the McLaren 765LT is on a drag strip. However, this time around the supercar faced off a tuned Audi R8 on a regular, non-prepared runway. An R8 with 1.5 times the power, no less!
In specific terms, the 5.2-liter V10 has been tuned to deliver around 1,100 metric horsepower (810 kilowatts) to the transmission. The McLaren has 765 PS (755 hp / 563 kW) on paper, but actual dyno measurements have shown it to be much stronger still. Drive configuration is the one area where Audi pulls confidently forward with AWD versus RWD.
The participants of the race made two runs; watch the video to see how they went.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Video: New BMW X6 M outpaces Bentayga Speed thanks to tuning
- Track-readied, 850-PS Nissan GT-R fails to sell for $92k
- Blacked-out, stylized Mercedes Benz X-Class by Kahn crops up on sale for £50k
- Subaru WRX S4 sedan bows in Japan with a rear window wiper
- Meet the Protec Q18, a motorhome with 18 sq. m. (193 sq. ft.) of living room