Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS gets an engine upgrade from mcchip-dkr
Car tuning enthusiasts at the German shop mcchip-dkr have improved the performance of the stock engine of the 911 Targa 4 GTS sports car.
In a wide Porsche 911 car family which spans from the classical Carrera to the state-of-the-art Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, the tuned-up Targa 4 GTS now shows performance closer to that of the Porsche GT3 RS.
The engine tuning resulted in its power output going from 450 hp and 549 Nm torque all the way up to an impressive 566 hp and 675 Nm torque. To that end, the car received better turbochargers, new downpipes, a new exhaust system, and a firmware mod. In addition to the above, it also got unique new wheels and ceramic brakes.
As for the designer effort, it can be seen that many parts were taken directly from the Porsche GT3 RS and installed onto the 911 Targa 4 GTS, which is why the end result looks so reminiscent of the GT3 on the outside. Its interior is decorated with original retro-styled ornaments.
The tuning costs remain undisclosed.
- Mitsubishi enters the Fast and Furious Live show with a pimped-out L200 pickup
- McLaren SpecOps releases an even louder exhaust system
- Pogea Racing releases an upgrade package for the Ferrari 488 GTB
- SVM turns a Nissan Qashqai-R SUV into an insane racecar
- Roush Performance unveils the Ford Super Duty F-250