Subaru WRX S4 sedan bows in Japan with a rear window wiper
Shortly after Subaru premiered the new WRX in the United States, a similar but not identical version of it came out in Japan.
The Japanese spec will be available in sedan and wagon body styles, with an emphasis on ‘sedan’, as opposed to the liftback style adopted by the other markets. Its exterior is basically the same except for different trunk lid badges and an added windshield wiper on the rear window. The latter is a rather antiquated decision that used to be somewhat common in the distant past, particularly on the cars like the Lancia Flaminia, Fiat Tempra, Nissan Silvia, and Toyota Soarer. It is, however practically non-existent on modern cars.
A vertical infotainment system display is perhaps the most noticeable feature inside. As for the powertrains, both the saloon and the estate come powered by the same turbo four-cylinder rated at 275 PS (271 hp / 202 kW) and 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque. A CVT sends the momentum to all four wheels.
Prices start at the equivalent of $31,500.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Japanese tuner reimagines Honda NSX hybrid in a black carbon racing suit
- Formula One ex-champion selling his 52-year old Bronco
- Check out the latest Dartz armored SUV or don’t
- Check out a Dodge Challenger SEMA car with a troubled past
- Suzuki Jimny makeover debuts with a five door body, off-road performance bump