Porsche works on a new chassis to for three different car brands
The German car manufacturer Porsche is currently developing a new automotive platform which many future sports cars and electric vehicles issued by the Volkswagen AG concern will be based upon.
This new chassis has the index SPE and is VW’s third platform developed to date.
Industry professionals believe it will be used by the next battery-powered Audi supercar coming to replace the old R8 e-tron coupe, as well as the brand new Lamborghini Terzo Millenio, whose prototype was demonstrated in November 2017. The latter came equipped with four electric engines, by the way – one per wheel.
Returning to Porsche, its first mass-produced electric car should be released in 2019. According to an earlier announcement, it should offer a choice of at least three engines – 402, 536, and 670 hp strong.
- Porsche 911 line gets new Wet Mode feature
- Audi announces a brand new form of entertainment
- General Motors patents power doors that factor in wind force
- The Toyota Boshoku ACES is a self-driving car that will wake you up and make you happier
- VW mobile charging station can juice up 4 EVs in 17 minutes