Delage D12 aspires to beat the absolute North Loop record
Setting a lap record on the Nurburgring has always been a point of pride for sports car manufacturers - and a great way to advertise the capabilities of their new vehicles, too. Meet the latest challenger: Delage D12.
The newly appointed CEO of the company has just confirmed that the hypercar will hit the world's most formidable racetrack in late 2022 or early 2023, aiming to set the ultimate lap record among street-legal production cars.
To that end, the D12 packs a naturally aspirated V12 and a single electric motor joining their efforts for over 1,100 horsepower. However, the main selling point of the car is not the powertrain, but the aerodynamics, which draws inspiration from Formula One racecars.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://www.formacar.com/en/news/view/44452.html
- Have a look at the facility making the world’s most powerful Toyota Yaris
- Peugeot 3008 shows the evolution of the i-Cockpit
- Study finds out which EV owners get the most mileage out of their cars
- Tesla admits to switching off customer cars’ radars without warning
- Jeep is testing an off-road self-driving system