Ken Block’s Audi S1‘Hoonitron’ E-Tron Quattro set to debut at Laguna Seca
The long-anticipated Audi S1 E-Tron Quattro Hoonitron that the German company built specifically for celebrity driver Ken Block will be present at the upcoming Laguna Seca show on August 17–21, 2022. A 1985 Audi Sport Quattro S1 Group B will also be exhibited there.
The Hoonitron draws design inspiration from rally car classics, but makes intensive use of cutting-edge tech. It comes based on a carbon-fiber chassis and has two electric motors driving all four wheels. The audiences will be able to see what the car is truly capable of after the show, when Block gets around to producing the first episode of his new dangerous stunt show, Elektrikhana.
Making the electric car unique is a massive front splitter, rather generously sized wheel arch extensions, and old-school wheels trimmed with carbon fiber for good looks.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Mazda MX-5 owners set a new Guinness record by their sheer number
- Mercedes-Benz eActros LongHaul breaks cover in Hannover
- Volkswagen ID. Buzz tries the roles of a fridge and a workshop on wheels
- Ford E-Transit Custom debuts in EV, PHEV and diesel flavors
- New Mitsubishi ASX for Europe debuting tomorrow