Video: BMW Z8 gets a sizeable power boost from Evolve
UK-based tuning firm Evolve Automotive has revealed a Stage II upgrade kit for the opulent BMW Z8. The gains look modest, but should be easily noticeable in everyday driving.
In its stock form, the E39 M5 has four liters of displacement and produces 400 metric horsepower (394 hp / 294 kW) at the crank along with 500 Newton-meters (369 pound-feet) of torque. However, the tuner points out that the actual dyno numbers are significantly lower.
To fix this issue, the company replaces the entire OEM exhaust system, including the downpipes, the catalysts and the muffler, with a performance-focused Supersprint system. The modification goes along with an ECU tweak, resulting in healthy 443 PS (437 hp / 326 kW) and 525 Nm (387 lb-ft) at the wheels. By the way, those are Alpina rims.
Watch the full video for an insight into the intricacies of Z8 tuning.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Particularly rare Lancia Delta restomod crops up for eye-watering $650k
- The Thor Dazzle is a highly functional and versatile campervan
- 1,020-PS, diesel-powered BMW 1-Series sets a world record
- Watch a manual Hennessey HPE1000 Hellcat Challenger go through its paces
- Check out a nicely preserved Pontiac Trans-Am with 7.5 liters of displacement