Video: RaceChip’ed BMW M3 xDrive challenges a Porsche 911 Turbo S to a race
The latest 992-gen Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet may be a brutal slayer of supercars, but RaceChip figured it would be viable to try and outrace it with a mildly tuned G80 BMW M3.
Okay, you may scratch that ‘mildly’ part: the sedan received a substantial performance boost and now drives all four of its wheels with 661 PS (652 hp / 486 kW) and 834 Nm (615 lb-ft) of torque. The Porsche lags behind by 12 PS (12 hp / 9 kW) and 34 Nm (25 lb-ft).
The weight difference is also negligible with the Bavarian sedan weighing just 60 kg (132 lbs) more than its rival and accelerating 0-100 km/h (0-62) in almost exactly three seconds. In other words, this is not going to look good for the Porsche.
Or will it? No way can a 911 just surrender to a lower-class BMW, right? Only one way to find out – watch the video!
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Particularly rare Lancia Delta restomod crops up for eye-watering $650k
- The Thor Dazzle is a highly functional and versatile campervan
- 1,020-PS, diesel-powered BMW 1-Series sets a world record
- Watch a manual Hennessey HPE1000 Hellcat Challenger go through its paces
- Check out a nicely preserved Pontiac Trans-Am with 7.5 liters of displacement