Electric vans claim the entire Van of The Year pedestal
The Volkswagen ID. Buzz Cargo has been proclaimed the Van of the Year 2022, with the Ford e-Transit Custom taking silver.
Further down the ranking are the all-electric Renault Kangoo, Nissan Townstar and Mercedes-Benz Citan, a trio vans based on the same platform and sharing the same powertrain bits.
The ID. Buzz (see video) debuted in March this year in MPV and LCV modifications. For the time being, you can only obtain it with a single rear-axle motor driving the wheels with 204 PS (201 hp / 150 kW) and 310 Nm (229 lb-ft) of torque. Moving forward, the manufacturer plans to expand the lineup and introduce new powertrain options.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Tesla Supercharger network raises prices in California again
- Bugatti Divo crops up on sale for twice the launch price
- Toyota’s next sedan EV shaping up to be cheaper than Tesla Model 3
- Unique Ferrari Enzo Rosso Rubino sighted in London
- McLaren P1 vs. LaFerrari race proves drag strip runs can be exciting (and expensive)