Rumor: Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV to get an AMG version in mid-October
Mercedes-Benz will reveal the second luxury SUV from its EQ lineup next month, October 16. Called the EQE SUV, it will be related to its sedan-shaped namesake and become a more affordable alternative to the EQS. According to Motor1, the company plans to unveil its AMG version on the same day.
There isn’t much that we know about the standard EQE SUV to date. The company promised us ‘a versatile cabin’ and an interior combining ‘warmth of wood with the technical coolness of real aluminum.’ The HyperScreen display combining the digital dashboard, the infotainment system and the front passenger’s display under one pane of glass will also be available.
In all likelihood, the EQE SUV will inherit its motor lineup from the sedan version. If so, it will have 292 PS (288 hp / 215 kW) and RWD in its base spec. The rumored AMG variant is said to be coming with dual electric motors joining efforts for 687 PS (678 hp / 505 kW).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- BMW claims +30% range, –50% cost in the next generation of its EV batteries
- NIO EVs get a major software update
- Road test permit pending for Cruise Origin in California
- Mercedes-Benz and Bosch open a public smart parking lot in Stuttgart
- 50k+ Audi cars recalled because engine may fail after you spill tea on the rear bench