Maserati shows the progress it made on the Project24
Maserati has shared more pictured of the Project24 racecar it announced a couple of months ago. The coupe will emerge in a series of 62 units and benefit from the widest choice of customization options yet.
The track-only ride utilizes the same underpinnings as the MC20 (see video), but strays very far from the original formula. Among other things, it flaunts a custom all-carbon body and rides adjustable suspension. The 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 under the hood gets massaged to 740 PS (730 hp / 544 kW).
The power goes to the wheels through a six-speed sequential gearbox and a self-locking differential. The brakes are carbon-ceramic, and the whole car is expected to weigh in at just 1,250 kilos (2,755 pounds) before liquids.
As mentioned above, only 62 units will be made, and every single one will take full advantage of the company’s customization program, Fuoriserie.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- BMW claims +30% range, –50% cost in the next generation of its EV batteries
- NIO EVs get a major software update
- Road test permit pending for Cruise Origin in California
- Mercedes-Benz and Bosch open a public smart parking lot in Stuttgart
- 50k+ Audi cars recalled because engine may fail after you spill tea on the rear bench