Misha Charoudin takes a 400-PS BMW M3 on a high-revving North Loop drive
Misha Charoudin, a popular car vlogger and test driver of tuned cars, has recently taken an elderly E46 BMW M3 coupe out for a spin on the North Loop. Judging by the video, the adrenaline rush was well worth it!
The car had nearly 200,000 kilometers (124,000 miles) on it, making its performance all the more impressive. Aftermarket additions included BBS wheels, Porsche front brakes, and a massive airbox at the front end to supply cool air to the 3.2-liter flat-six engine. The non-turbo engine itself was rebuilt and tuned to 400 PS (394 hp / 294 kW). The stock SMG transmission was allowed to stay, too, despite being infamous for its reliability issues.
In the video, the rev-happy engine goes beyond 8,250 RPM on multiple occasions, all the while sounding like something that belongs on a purebred racecar. Find your best headphones and hit Play – you will hear what we are talking about!
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Check out a 1971 Mercedes-Benz propelled by a Corvette V8 TT
- Check out a Chevy Bel Air Nomad once owned by Bruce Willis
- Meet the Polydrops P19 Shorty, a trailer said to extend your Ioniq 5 range
- Check out an old convertible worth $1,000 turned into a badass spider car
- Check out a Mercedes G-Class equipped with snow tracks for mountain driving