Drag Race: BMW M8 vs. iX M60
Carwow has brought two unlikely competitors to the drag strip: a gas-guzzling BMW M8 Competition Coupe and an all-electric BMW iX M60. Aside from the brand, there is little common between the two. But which one is the fastest?
Let’s look at the numbers first. The four-seat coupe utilizes a 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged engine rated at 625 PS (616 hp / 460 kW) and 750 Nm (553 lb-ft) of torque. It drives all four wheels and benefits from a launch control feature. The weight is at 1,975 kg (4,355 lbs).
In turn, the M60 spec of the iX SUV uses dual electric motors with 619 PS (611 hp / 455 kW) and 1,100 Nm (811 lb-ft) of torque, which is available immediately. The battery is 105 kilowatt-hours large, which explains why the SUV weighs as much as 2,584 kilos (5,700 lbs).
To summarize, the electric SUV has slightly less power but enjoys colossal instant torque. It is also much heavier than its rival, so putting that torque to use could be challenging.
Be sure to watch the entire video, because the outcomes are surprising to say the least.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- A colorful Datsun Z collection goes on sale in the USA
- A body part of an ultra-rare Ferrari fetches $24k at auction
- Take the driver’s seat as this AMG E63 S wagon hits its speed limit on the autobahn
- Video: Kia EV6 GT tackles an Aventador SVJ on the drag strip
- Video: Watch the AMG One set a handful of new track records