Watch a tuned BMW X6 M50i get to 290 km/h (180 mph)
AutoTopNL has posted the test footage of a BMW X6 M50i – not the hottest SUV on the lineup, but not the weakest, either. How fast do you think it would go if let loose on a limit-free autobahn?
The case in point is not a stock car, either. It utilizes a pair of Pureturbo turbos to drive its 4.4-liter V8 to 670 PS (661 hyp / 493 kW) and 953 Nm (703 lb-ft) of torque – more than the X6 M Competition ever had.
Needless to say, all the extra power helped the bulky SUV sprint faster from zero to highway speed. More specifically, the 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) time went down from 4.3 to 3.6 seconds. The top speed went up from 250 to 300 km/h (155 to 186 mph). The goal of the video was to see whether it would reach that mark.
If you read the headline carefully, then you know it didn’t. Still, we are certain that it could go to three hundred if the road were clear with no cars in the way.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Piecha Design gives style and voice lessons to the Jaguar F-Type
- New Porsche 911 Turbo S gets GT3 styling for U.S. $54k
- Hennessey rolls out another Velociraptor special bundled with two enduro bikes
- Manhart announces a 650-PS Range Rover Sport with golden wheels
- Enthusiasts working on a hardware control bar for the Tesla 3 & Y