Audi lifts the veil over the future of its R8 and TT models
Audi Sport Managing Director Sebastian Grams has shared the company’s insights regarding the likelihood of a new R8 coupe and a continuation of the iconic TT.
According to him, the company is currently considering various concepts for the R8 successor, but whether one will come out will ultimately depend on the strategy Volkswagen Group as a whole chooses moving forward.
Last fall, Grams said the next R8 generation could arrive around 2025 with a recognizable body design and Porsche underpinnings. He even specified that the company considered using the tech of the latest Taycan, the Audi E-Tron GT, or the upcoming 718 EV.
Commenting on the rumors about the upcoming TT EV, Grams reiterated that everything ultimately depended on the decision made by VW Group. He let it slip that, unlike Porsche, which was allegedly developing its own version of the Volkswagen SSP platform, Audi Sport was not interested in designing any custom platforms for its vehicles.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Mazda finally releases its 7-year-old RX-Vision Concept… as a scale model
- Audi reveals its transformable Activesphere Concept
- Changan’s Zhuge sub-brand announces 3 production cars, builds factory
- Porsche rolls out the Vision 357, a concept car for its 75th birthday
- Audi lifts the veil over the future of its R8 and TT models