Video: Audi RS 3 goes up against E-Tron GT
Late last month, Audi announced a complete discontinuation of ICE cars by 2033. It launched an all-electric sedan named the E-Tron GT to give us a taste of the future. Now, the YouTube team behind CarSouthAfrica has posted a comparison between that car and the classic RS 3.
The Audi E-Tron GT utilizes twin electric motors in an AWD setup producing 360 kilowatts (490 metric horsepower) and up to 630 Nm (465 lb-ft) of torque. In turn, the RS 3 relies on a 2.5-liter turbocharged five-pot with 400 PS (394 hp / 294 kW) and 498 Nm (367 lb-ft) of torque at the output end.
Despite lagging behind the E-Tron GT, the RS 3 is featherweight in comparison, coming in at just 1,655 kilos (3,650 pounds). The electric saloon tips the scales at 2,326 kg (5,128 pounds).
So, how would they compare in a quarter-mile drag race? Watch the video to find out.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 5 AMC muscle car classics are up for grabs for a combined $0.6M USD
- Watch a VW Tiguan R take on a Land Rover Defender in a 1/4-mile race
- Rumor: Nissan may ditch the Titan truck for a small EV alternative
- Watch a Ferrari Testarossa slide dangerously on snow-covered streets
- WSJ: Ford considering selling its Germany factory to China