Another G-Wagen gets modded for overlanding excellence
The W463 generation of the Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG doesn’t feel new any longer, but it still excels at off-roading. That said, one can always find something to improve – a case SR Tuning Germany aptly demonstrates with its latest build.
The 2015MY G-Wagen pictured here has been turned into an “off-road racer” of sorts, since its owner wanted it to go fast on any terrain. To achieve that, the engine output was lifted from 544 PS (536 hp / 400 kW) to a cool 700 PS (690 hp / 515 kW), and the underchassis was completely overhauled with new shocks, springs and portal axles.
The result is an off-roader that’s whopping 2,240 mm (87.5 inches) tall with 450 mm (17.6 inches) of ground clearance. At least some of it is thanks to 22-inch Brabus Monoblock Y Platinum Edition forged rims filling out the arches along with Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires sized 325/55 R22.
Rounding things off is a carbon spoiler on the roof and a steering wheel borrowed from the latest W463a G-Class.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://www.formacar.com/en/news/view/52055.html
- Novitec begins work on the Ferrari 296 GTB
- Delta4x4 works its off-road-tuning magic on the Ford Tourneo Connect
- Chrysler PT Cruiser puts on a pickup guise thanks to tuners
- This cool high-riding Audi Quattro is a Range Rover beneath the skin
- Check out a Sprinter turned into a mobile PlayStation 5 parlor