Volkswagen announces sports-oriented Jetta GLI
Volkswagen AG has announced the forthcoming release of a sports modification of the popular Jetta sedan. The vehicle will enter the North American market under the name of Jetta GLI.
Compared to its less athletically-inclined counterpart, the new VW Jetta GLI will come with reworked suspension and the same 2.0-liter, 220-horsepower V4 engine with we’ve already seen on the Golf GTI. The 220 hp (164 kW) of the new unit are going to result in a neat performance improvement over the stock 1.4-liter V4 with only 147 hp (110 kW) at its disposal.
The new Volkswagen Jetta GLI is also going to feature heavily redesigned body and interior. Changes will be made to the radiator grille, the wheels, the seats and the steering wheel, among other things.
- Toyota and Suzuki elaborate on their partnership
- Legendary 20th-century supercars line up for a drag race showdown
- Porsche to build 4 custom 911 GT2 RS anew following the Grande America fire
- $3M Koenigsegg Jesko hypercar sold out in a matter of days
- New BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe to premiere in November