Lexus reveals the new ES sedan at Auto China 2018
Lexus has debuted its seventh-generation ES sedan model at the ongoing Beijing International Automotive Exhibition (Auto China 2018). What we saw is basically the familiar Japanese design along with a slew of innovative features.
Viewer’s attention immediately goes to a restyled radiator grille now bearing an intricate pattern, a pair of narrow LED headlights and chrome parts throughout the body. The interior features a touch-enabled central console and a 12-inch infotainment screen. One of the trim options offers nice white leather draping interspersed with brown accents.
The new Lexus ES utilizes the Global Architecture-K platform and is 4,975 mm (16 ft.) long, 1,865 mm (6 ft.) wide and 1,445 mm (4.75 ft.) tall. The car is built from heavy-duty steel which comes with greater body rigidness and reduced weight.
The hood compartment of the vehicle conceals a 3.5-liter V6 engine offering 300 hp (224 kW) in terms of performance and coupled with eight-speed automatic transmission. Another model comes with an electric engine good for 218 hp (162.5 kW) and CVT.
The 7th instalment in the Lexus ES series comes out later this year.
- Fiat Ducato-based motorhome stuns visitors of the CMT 2019
- Nissan unveils unique NV300-based carpenter’s van in Brussels
- Edge Customs unveils an over-the-top take on the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
- Nissan Altima debuts at the Montreal Motor Show with tracks instead of wheels
- Ford reveals the new Mondeo