Super-rare Purple Dragon spotted in Monaco
A YouTube user has recently uploaded a video showing an extremely rare Apollo IE Purple Dragon hypercar riding the streets in Monaco.
Apollo is only going to build as few as 10 IE hypercars, and those have already been sold out in pre-orders.
The vehicle uses a carbon space-frame chassis with the body and the sub-frame made of the same material. Its hood cover conceals a 6.3-liter, 12-cylinder, naturally aspirated engine with 780 hp (582 kW) and 760 Nm (560 lb×ft) of torque especially developed for Apollo Automobil. The car uses a 6-speed Hewland sequential transmission and can accelerate 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 2.7 seconds.
A unique aerodynamic body kit provides 1,350 kg (just under 3,000 lbs) of additional downforce at 300 km/h (187 mph), which is usually only found among LPM2 class racecars.
- Toyota and Suzuki elaborate on their partnership
- Legendary 20th-century supercars line up for a drag race showdown
- Porsche to build 4 custom 911 GT2 RS anew following the Grande America fire
- $3M Koenigsegg Jesko hypercar sold out in a matter of days
- New BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe to premiere in November