Hennessey Performance records the roar of a 1,000-hp Chevrolet Camaro
Car tuning atelier Hennessey Performance has posted a video on YouTube featuring a unique Chevrolet Camaro with a 1,000-horsepower (745-kilowatt) engine under the hood. The company wanted to demonstrate the monstrous roar of the turbocharged power unit.
The Hennessey Performance engineers have nicknamed the model “The Exorcist”. The car was designed and built as the main competitor of the Dodge Challenger Demon dragster, so the alias isn’t really unexpected. The latter vehicle commands a powerful 6.2-liter engine capable of 850 hp, or 634 kW. The modded Chevrolet Camaro packs an engine of the same size, but with a better piston assembly, a reworked camshaft, a new turbocharger, and an improved injection system.
The Exorcist still needs 3.0 seconds to accelerate from a standstill to 100 km/h (62 mph), whereas the Dodge Challenger Demon only takes 2.3 seconds to do the same. The former vehicle completes a quarter-mile drag race in ten seconds flat, while the latter manages it in 9.65s.
If you would like Hennessey Performance to turn your Camaro into an Exorcist, that would be U.S. $55,000.
- Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe tries some Vossen Wheels on
- You may mistake this BMW 5 Series for a Chevy Corvette from behind
- BMW X5 (G05) wide body kit concept by Renegade Design
- Mercedes GLE wins a stylish body kit from Atarius Concept / JB Customs
- Abu Dhabi Motors puts up a “fully loaded” BMW X2 M35i for sale in UAE