Ford assembles 10,000,000 Mustangs
Car manufacturer Ford has assembled 10,000,000 copies of its Mustang model. To celebrate this landmark, the company has made up the number “10,000,000” out of all kinds of Mustangs issued since the beginning of production.
The first Mustang – a white convertible armed with a 4.3-liter, 166 hp / 124 kW strong engine – left the Ford premises in 1964. Interestingly, the 10,000,000th car also turned out to be a white convertible with a soft top. The similarities end here, since the modern GT vehicle comes with a much more potent 466 hp / 347 kW engine.
Counting among the most popular cars in existence, the Ford Mustang is offered in 140 countries around the world. 100,000 cars get sold every year in the USA alone (as of 2016), and 45,000 more abroad. The model has already gone through a total of six generations, and this is obviously not the last time we hear about it.
- Lamborghini Aventador SVJ once again owns the circuit
- The Dream Lives Again: 135,000-HP ultimate car project secures new funding
- 14-year-old teenager demonstrates how one drifts the Ford GT
- Toyota and Suzuki elaborate on their partnership
- Legendary 20th-century supercars line up for a drag race showdown