Maxus unveils D50 MPV
Even though SAIC Group founded the Maxus automotive marque as early as 2011, few have heard about it outside of China. Earlier today, the company introduced its latest vehicle, the Maxus D50 MPV.
The car comes second in the brand’s minivan family, the first one being the G10 issued in 2014.
The Maxus D50 comes with an original exterior design. There are many chromed parts, bumpers and kick plates wear plastic pads, and the radiator grille looks impressive owing to its large, horizontal, chrome-treated ribs. The front bumper also houses air intakes, a feature normally found on luxury-class cars.
The interior of the vehicle is somewhat reminiscent of the Peugeot 5008. The dashboard, the infotainment system and the deflectors have the same layout.
The new MPV ships with turbocharged engines between 1.3 and 1.5 liters large and capable of between 150 and 160 hp (112 – 120 kW). Transmission choices include manual and semi-automatic.
The new Maxus D50 will go on sale in late 2018.
- Lincoln reveals specs, release date of the Continental 80th Anniversary Coach Door series
- Nio officially debuts the ES6, Tesla’s main rival in China
- Kia Soul Booster gets ready to rumble in South Korea
- Eclipse Cross family gets ready for the Rally Dakar with the Cross T1
- McLaren unveils 720S Spider, the lightest convertible on the market