Volkswagen T-Cross new details revealed
Volkswagen AG has revealed some further specifics regarding the interior of its upcoming T-Cross mini-SUV along with a few new photos.
The vehicle takes advantage of the MQB architecture, which enables it to have a much longer wheelbase while simultaneously offering more interior and trunk space. Its trunk compartment is class-leading at 455 liters that turn into 1280 with the rear seat row folded down.
Early rumors suggest that the new Volkswagen T-Cross may ship with 1.0L turbocharged engines capable of 90 and 110 hp (67 / 92 kW), an 1.5L turbo with 150 hp (112 kW) and a couple 1.6L diesels with 95 and 115 hp (71 – 86 kW). Transmission could be 6-speed manual or 7-speed DCT.
The base model comes equipped with emergency brake and lane control, while paid options include a digital dashboard, an infotainment system with a large touchscreen display, and a wireless phone charger.
The car will debut at the Paris International Motor Show in October 2018 and go on sale in the spring of 2019. Prices will be available later.
- An Unexpected Turn: Bloodhound SSC project gets last-minute funding
- Mercedes-Benz to premiere the next-gen CLA at the 2019 CES Las-Vegas in January
- Power-packed Audi SQ2 goes on sale in Europe
- Hyundai to invest $7 billion into hydrogen engine production
- All-electric, luxury VW SUV to debut at the Shanghai show