New Koenigsegg hypercar gets apocalyptical name
Swedish hypercar maker Koenigsegg has announced the name of its next creation. Apparently, the vehicle will be called Ragnarok, which is what the end and possible rebirth of the world is called in Scandinavian mythology.
According to a representative of the company, the name choice should put a strong emphasis on the power of the future hypercar. As it turns out, the vehicle is getting the same twin-turbo, 1,360bhp / 1,015 kW engine as the one that comes with the Agera RS.
Earlier rumors insisted that the car would be getting a boosted version of the same engine with 1,440 hp / 1,075 kW. Partnered with a mild-hybrid add-on, it would be able to spin up to 9,000 RPM.
Company’s CEO Christian von Koenigsegg has made it official that the vehicle will debut at the next year’s Geneva International Motor Show.
- Toyota and Suzuki elaborate on their partnership
- Legendary 20th-century supercars line up for a drag race showdown
- Porsche to build 4 custom 911 GT2 RS anew following the Grande America fire
- $3M Koenigsegg Jesko hypercar sold out in a matter of days
- New BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe to premiere in November