Range Rover Velar gets an upgrade to 450 hp from B&B
Car tuner B&B Automobiltechnik has developed an extensive upgrade plan for the Range Rover Velar SUV, including an engine performance boost, an audio module for larger engine imitation, lowered suspension and some other minor improvements. All of the above can be ordered separately or in combination.
The supported range of Range Rover Velar vehicles includes the D180, D240, D300, P250 and P380. The latter can be squeezed for as much as 450 hp (336 kW) and 600 Nm (443 lb·ft) of torque, representing a sizeable improvement from the stock 380 hp (283 kW) and 450 Nm (332 lb·ft). Once upgraded, the car accelerates 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 4.9s, as opposed to the series’ 5.7s.
The kit includes better turbochargers, an engine firmware update and various intake system improvements. Those who don’t need as much power may opt for a simple chip tuning and still get as much as 420 hp (313 kW).
For people who like to induce envy in the others, the atelier offers a sound module that can imitate the roar of a V8 engine.
Other options include lowered suspension, larger (21”/22”) wheels and stronger disc brakes.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- This Mercedes 560 SEC AMG 6.0 Widebody costs €167,000 to buy
- Ferrari F12 berlinetta carbon aero kit costs like a high-end sports car
- Latest-gen Mercedes A35 AMG gets H&R springs
- The Jurassic MegaRaptor Overlander camper is about as hardcore as they get
- Creative Bespoke gives the Lamborghini Aventador S some tuner love