Range Rover Velar gets an upgrade to 450 hp from B&B
Car tuner B&B Automobiltechnik has developed an extensive upgrade plan for the Range Rover Velar SUV, including an engine performance boost, an audio module for larger engine imitation, lowered suspension and some other minor improvements. All of the above can be ordered separately or in combination.
The supported range of Range Rover Velar vehicles includes the D180, D240, D300, P250 and P380. The latter can be squeezed for as much as 450 hp (336 kW) and 600 Nm (443 lb·ft) of torque, representing a sizeable improvement from the stock 380 hp (283 kW) and 450 Nm (332 lb·ft). Once upgraded, the car accelerates 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 4.9s, as opposed to the series’ 5.7s.
The kit includes better turbochargers, an engine firmware update and various intake system improvements. Those who don’t need as much power may opt for a simple chip tuning and still get as much as 420 hp (313 kW).
For people who like to induce envy in the others, the atelier offers a sound module that can imitate the roar of a V8 engine.
Other options include lowered suspension, larger (21”/22”) wheels and stronger disc brakes.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- New looks, new strengths: Audi A7 gets an upgrade from BEST-Performance
- Gemballa unveils the GTR 8XX EvoR BiTurbo, which is a Porsche 911 at heart
- H&R launches sport springs for the current-gen Audi A6 / Avant
- Severn Valley Motorsport shows a 700-hp Nissan Juke
- Ivan Tampi Customs launches new Chevrolet Corvette body kitIvan Tampi Customs launches new Chevrolet Corvette body kit