Tuners unveil custom Dodge Ram with crazy ride height
Such pickup truck as the Ford F-150 or the Dodge Ram are invariably popular in the USA. They are also frequent guests to tuning ateliers, where they get visual overhauls and performance upgrades. This Dodge Ram 1500 by GME is no exception.
The team started with a Dodge RAM 1500 Sport Crew Cab armed with a 5.7L HEMI V8 engine. They installed a new cat-back exhaust system, an Edelbrock supercharger and a separate water/air cooling circuit with an electric pump used for coolant circulation. As a result, the performance went up to 550 hp (410 kW) and 718 Nm (530 lb×ft) of torque.
The atelier commented that, while the new supercharger could take the engine all the way up to around 900 hp (670 kW), this would necessitate replacing way too many parts.
Among other things, the upgraded Dodge Ram gained in height. The tuners raised the suspension by 40 mm (1.6”) and put the car on a set of GME forged wheels wrapped in humongous 37-inch off-road tires. They also retrofitted it with a subframe and stub axles.
Reporter Sergei Musa
- The Stalker APAL-21541 is a plasticky Niva SUV that costs $19,500
- Diesel-guzzling Audi SQ5 gets new looks, new strengths
- Chinese tuner updates its Range Rover Sport kit
- This unique Ford Mustang GT is an homage to the P-51 Mustang fighter/bomber
- MCCHIP-DKR fixes poor performance of the Aston Martin Vantage