Hennessey pushes Dodge Challenger Hellcat to 1,000 HP, promises 1,200
Some time ago, tuner Hennessey Performance released the HPE1200 power kit it subsequently installed on a Jeep Trackhawk, a Dodge Demon and a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. Today, it has come out with a similar package for the Dodge Challenger Hellcat.
The Red Eye trim of the muscle car comes equipped with a 6.2L supercharged V8 engine capable of 808 hp (603 kW) and 958 Nm (707 lbft) of torque. By upgrading the supercharger, the pulley, the throttle body, the fuel injectors and the ECU, Hennessey has managed to boost it to respectable 1,000+ hp (745 kW) and 1,300 Nm (959 lbft) of torque.
The Dodge Challenger Hellcat Red Eye also gained a roll cage – a must with this kind of tuning – and an optional brake chute.
However, all of the above modifications and performance figures are quoted for the cheaper HPE1000 power kit. The HPE1200 is still a work in progress, and no details are available so far.
Hennessey Performance says that, in the future, it just might release a HPE1500 kit, but that one remains a question mark.
Reporter Artem Sukhanov
- RACE! South Africa unveils comprehensively modded Range Rover Spor
- The Project Katama is another custom LR Defender by E.C.D. Automotive Design
- Volkswagen Touareg gets a beauty injection in ABT Sportsline
- TopCar releases Stinger GTR body kit for Porsche 911 Targa
- This unique Tesla Model X will protect you against high-power pistol shots