Coupe-shaped Porsche Cayenne to arrive later this year
Volkswagen AG treated us to some images of an SUV coupe variant of the Porsche Cayenne some time ago. While we still don’t know the exact reveal date, Marcus Eckermann, Porsche Managing Director in Great Britain, assured us last week that the car would celebrate its official premiere in late March and go on sale sometime in the fall of 2019.
The Porsche Cayenne Coupe is a sportied-up version of the standard Cayenne. Based on the spy photos we have seen before, the car has its rear number plate moved to a different position and its tailgate window bulging quite a bit.
According to rumors, the SUV coupe will ship in the same trim versions as the regular Cayenne. If proven true, this would mean that the top trim would ship with a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 engine rated at 550 hp (410 kW) and 768 Nm (566 lbft) of torque. There will also be a more affordable V6 variant with 434 hp (324 kW) at its disposal, and a high-end hybrid build rated at 680 hp (507 kW).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 12 iconic Japanese cars to go under the hammer in early August
- VIDEO: Battery-powered Ford F-150 towing 450 metric tons’ worth of goods
- Carlos Ghosn sues his offenders, asks for €15M in reparations
- Seven stunt drivers block California highway for 15 minutes
- Heading to Chicago? Consider spending a night in a sausage car!