Mercedes-AMG C43 gets pushed to 460 HP
The tuner team over at Performmaster High Performance has released a power upgrade for the latest Mercedes-AMG C43 sedan/saloon that debuted slightly over a year ago.
The production car ships with an engine diligently churning out 390 hp (291 kW) and 520 Nm (384 lbft) of torque, mated to an AWD system and a 9G-Tronic automatic transmission. Once upgraded with the special control chip developed by Performmaster, it ascends to 460 hp (343 kW) and 610 Nm (450 lbft) of torque. This makes the Mercedes-AMG C43 comparable with the range-topping C63 in terms of performance. The control chip also removes the electronic speed limit from 285 km/h (177 mph).
If you want your car to have something to show for the newly gained performance, Performmaster suggests lowering its stance, adding in-house-designed side flaps to the front bumper, replacing the stock front grille with the Panamericana grille, and installing a few aero parts to the rear.
Photos: Performmaster GmbH
Reporter Sergei Musa
- Check out a custom-built C2 Corvette Split Window
- This extroverted Dodge Magnum with scissor doors could be yours for a price
- Manhart announces a new 450-PS Land Rover Defender
- Steve McQueen’s Chevy Blazer goes on sale for ~200x original price
- Meet Hoonipigasus, Ken Block’s latest ride with 1,400 HP