Genesis G70 performs the Fast & Furious semi truck stunt
Genesis, a premium car marque owned by Hyundai, said it would be releasing a series of short movies dedicated to the capabilities of its new G70 sedan/saloon. The first video follows professional racing driver Tanner Foust as he puts his ride into a controlled drift under a giant semi truck, recreating the extreme stunt from the original Fast & Furious movie.
Foust was reversing at 56 km/h (35 miles per hour) until he came sufficiently close to the semi. Then he made an abrupt turn, floored the brake, and sent the car drifting under the rig and out from the other side unharmed.
Two more videos starring the new G70 will come out later this month. One of these will recreate a drift stunt from the 2017 movie Baby Driver, where a car drifts away within centimeters from a big rig blocking the road.
In a number of regions, the current-gen Genesis G70 ships with 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 engine good for 370 horsepower (276 kilowatts).
Reporter Artem Sukhanov
- Tesla Space Roadster completes its first solar orbit
- Volkswagen pits its ID. R Concept up against a quadcopter
- Porsche Taycan covers 3,425 km / 2,128 mi on the Nardò Ring in 24 hours
- McLaren 600LT and 720S get a tie at the Nürburgring
- There Ain’t No Propeller: BMW shatters misconceptions surrounding its logo