Video: Porsche, Audi and BMW roadsters meet in a drag race showdown
The BMW Z4 is still relatively fresh on the open-top car market. When it came out, the Porsche Boxster GTS and the Audi TTS proved to be tough competition to beat in terms of sales numbers. But which one would you pick for yourself? Watch the video and make the right decision.
But before you do, here’s a bit of background information. The standard BMW Z4 packs a turbocharged six-cylinder engine with three liters of displacement room and comes factory-rated at 335 horsepower (250 kilowatts) and 500 Newton-meters (369 pound-feet) of torque. It relies on an eight-speed automatic transmission to send that power to the wheels and accelerates from nothing to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.4 seconds.
In turn, the Porsche Boxster GTS sports a seven-speed automatic gearbox mated to a turbo-four engine producing 365 hp (272 kW) and 430 Nm (317 lb×ft) of torque. It concludes the standard sprint in 3.9 seconds.
The Audi TTC brings a comparatively modest 2.0-liter, four-cylinder TFSI engine to the fight, rated at only 306 hp (228 kW) and 380 Nm (280 lb×ft). The one major advantage it has comes in the form of the all-wheel drive.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Tesla Space Roadster completes its first solar orbit
- Volkswagen pits its ID. R Concept up against a quadcopter
- Porsche Taycan covers 3,425 km / 2,128 mi on the Nardò Ring in 24 hours
- McLaren 600LT and 720S get a tie at the Nürburgring
- There Ain’t No Propeller: BMW shatters misconceptions surrounding its logo